I have been working on few stocks to narrow down the best stock to put my money in for month of September 2017. In this month, market has been volatile and I have been watching the price of stocks going up and down erratically.
As an Investor I want to invest my hard earned money into High Quality Businesses. In my opinion good companies should be profitable every year and should be sharing their profits with the shareholders.
I am fortunate enough to find the company T.V. Today Network Ltd. for an attractive price after significant price drop recently, So I pulled the trigger and bought
37 Shares of T.V. Today Network Ltd. on Sep 6th 2017 for Rs 266.76 per Share
I just want to highlight some of the important stuff that is mentioned in their Annual report which helped me to pull the trigger.
T.V. Today Network Ltd. (TVTN) is an India-based Company engaged in broadcasting operations. Part of India Today group, the Company operates mainly in two segments namely television and radio broadcasting.
The Company operates four news channels namely
1. Aaj Tak
2. India Today
4. Dilli AajTak.
The Company also operates three FM radio stations under brand ISHQ 104.8 FM in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
OUTLOOK & PERFORMANCE
- For year 2016-2017, Aaj Tak has maintained its Leadership among Hindi News Channels in the new Audience Measurement System BARC with a Market Share of 16.8%
- India Today TV channel has consistently grown to become the No. 2 English News Channel with a Market Share of 22.7%
- The Hindi News channel “Tez” from the Network has already left behind
established news channels like NDTV India, India 24×7 and DD News with
5.4% share in 2016-2017.
- The Delhi focused channel from the Network – “Dilli Aaj Tak” is also delivering good ratings with a market share in Delhi of 3.1%
- On standalone basis your Company’s revenue from operations for FY 2016-17 at `572.77 Crores has been higher by 5.67 % over last year (`542.02 Crores in FY 2015-16).
- Profit before tax has been `162.02 Crores as compared to `113.75 Crores
in the last year.
- Profit after tax has been `107.88 Crores as compared to `60.84 Crores during the last year.
I don’t want to delve into any kind of analysis here as I am not SEBI certified Analyst. So I just highlighted some stuff the company mentioned in their Annual report.
Finally I felt T.V. Today Network Ltd. has solid free cash flow generation and good balance sheet and available for good price.I would love to add more shares from the company if the price comes down.
I will be adding this scrip to my portfolio as I invested Rs 9,868.98 for 37 Shares of T.V. Today Network Ltd.
P.S: Please click on T.V. Today Network Ltd. to download the annual report for year 2017
Disclaimer : I am not a financial professional. I’m just a regular guy that is self-taught about investing. I am responsible for my decisions and you for yours. Any information received from this website is for informational/entertainment purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice. This site and author are not responsible for losses of any kind by readers. Investments can lose money. Please do your own due diligence and consult a financial/investment professional before investing any of your money.